ELECTIONS: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 (State Election - Fill Senator Timilty's vacated position).
If you are 18 years old and have not enrolled to vote, you may register online @
or visit us at town hall – 148 Peck Street, Rehoboth
2017 Election Dates
Last Day to Register
|Tuesday, October 17, 2017|
Special State Senate - Bristol-Norfolk District
(Due to State Election to fill Senator Timilty's
September 27, 2017
November 6, 2017
Fall Special Town Meeting
Friday, October 27, 2017
Upcoming Town Meetings
Next Town Meeting Scheduled for Monday, November 6, 2017. Town Meeting will be held at the D-R Regional High School Auditorium. Last day to register to vote is Tuesday, October 27, 2017 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Voter Registration Information
Online Voter Registration Now Available
(Click on the image below for details)
Voter Registration Session For November 6, 2017 Special Town Meeting:
Friday, October 27, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Your enrollment as a voter will affect the party primary in which you can vote at the September 8, State Primary. There are four political parties in Massachusetts. If you are enrolled in one of these political parties, you will find the following letter codes on the 2016 Census forms - next to your name, in the last column on the right, marked “PARTY”:
D - Democratic Party
R - Republican Party
L - Libertarian
When voting in a "Primary Election", voters who are enrolled in one of the above parties can only vote on the ballot for that party. Voters who are unenrolled in a party (commonly known as “Independent”) will be listed with the party code “U” in the “PARTY” column of your census form. Unenrolled voters and voters who are members of Political Designations (indicated by other letter codes) can choose which party’s ballot they would like to receive.
You may change your party enrollment by completing a new voter registration form in person, by mail, or online at www.RegisterToVoteMA.com.
Any unregistered voters wishing to vote in the upcoming Special Town Meeting must register by October 27, 2017 to be eligible to vote . The Registrars will hold a voter registration session from 8:00am to 8:00pm on October 27, 2017 to accommodate last minute registrations. You may also register during regular business hours at Town Hall or download and print a mail-in voter registration form by clicking here. Complete the form and mail to us at the Town Clerk’s Office - 148 Peck Street, Rehoboth, MA.
Absentee Ballot Applications
Applications for absentee ballots are available and may be obtained from the Town Clerk’s Office. Absentee ballots are obtained by written request only and must have the voter’s original signature. (Elections Division of the Secretary of State's Office has confirmed on 7-2-14 that a scanned SIGNED submission, which is emailed to our office, is also acceptable.) The deadline for filing absentee applications is usually 12:00pm (Noon) the day before the election. If day before election day is a holiday or weekend, deadline is the previous workday @ 5:00 p.m.
Absentee ballot request forms are also available online at the following links:
- Massachusetts Official Absentee Ballot Application for an individual request, or
- Massachusetts Official Absentee Ballot Application by a Family Member for a family member.
Any questions regarding voter eligibility or requests for mail-in voter registration forms may be directed to the Town Clerk’s Office.
- October 17, 2017 - Special State Senate - Bristol & Norfolk District
- September 19, 2017 - Special State Senate Primary - Bristol & Norfolk District
- June 27, 2017 - Special Capital & Debt Exclusion Election
- April 3, 2017 - Annual Town Election
- November 8, 2016 Presidential Election Results
- September 8, 2016 State Primary Election Results
- April 4, 2016 Annual Town Election Results
- March 1, 2016 Presidential Primary Election Results
- April 6, 2015 Annual Town Election Results
- November 4, 2014 State Election Results
- September 9, 2014 State Primary Election Results:
- July 15, 2014 - Proposition 2 1/2 Override - Election Results:
- April 7, 2014 Annual Town Election Results
- April 28, 2014 Recount Results - Ballot Question No. 1
Note: Click either of the tables above to view larger versions.