Marriage Licenses

  • Both parties must appear in person.
  • Marriage Intention papers will be completed. You will be asked to complete a 3-page form - Marriage Intention, Marriage Supplement, and Marriage Worksheet
  • You will need to know your social security number and your mother's maiden name.  
  • You do not need a birth certificate.
  • There is a $30 fee - Credit Card/Debit Card/EFT, Cash, or Check made payable to the Town of Rehoboth. ($20 is for the Intention + $10 for a certified copy of your Marriage License.)
  • There is a three (3) day waiting period in Massachusetts before you can be married.
  • The Intention is good for sixty (60) days.

You can apply for a Massachusetts Marriage License in any Massachusetts municipality. It does not matter what state you live in, you just have to apply in the State you wish to be married in.

If you are an out-of-state officiant, you must file for a One-Day Solemnization Certificate. This process takes 2-4 weeks.

Please use the link below to access Secretary Galvin's letter and solemnization application: