Cemetery Commission Goals and Objectives:
- Rehoboth CemCom is charged with maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of the town's historic burying grounds (not including private, contemporary cemeteries governed by an association or other entity).
- All veterans' graves in all the town's cemeteries will be properly marked; maintenance of grave flags.
- Develop and maintain a research file for each historic cemetery including history, land survey info, those interred, and living descendants.
- Oversee and maintain records of contemporary burials in historic cemeteries allowed by law for proven descendants or those given permission by proven descendants.
- Develop and manage volunteers who will assist in regular inspections of historic cemeteries; those who will assist in annual veterans’ flag placements in all town cemeteries; other activities as required.
- Meet no less than six (6) times annually.
- Report to the Board of Selectmen and the Town on the condition of historic burying grounds; prepare annual budget; maintain financial records; provide an annual financial and activity report.
- Develop a priority list of repairs, restorations, and preservation efforts.