How and When must I apply for a Marriage Certificate in the State of Massachusetts?

Both parties must appear in person.  You will be asked to complete a 3-page form ~ Marriage Intention, Marriage Supplement & Marriage Worksheet.  You will need to know your social security number and your mother's maiden name.  You do not need a birth certificate. A $30 fee - Credit Card/Debit Card/EFT, Cash or Check made payable to the Town of Rehoboth.  ($20 is for the Intention + $10 for a certified copy of your Marriage License)

Very Important: 
There is a three (3) day waiting period in Massachusetts before you can be married.

Once filed, the marriage documents (Marriage Intention) is good for sixty (60) days.  You must be married within that 60 day period.

You may apply for a Massachusetts Marriage License in any Massachusetts municipality.  It does not matter what state you live in, you just have to apply in the State you wish to be married in.  If you are an out-of-state officiant, you must file for a One-Day Solemnization Certificate ~ This process takes 2-4 weeks.  Click here to view to the application.